The developmentally driven Words Their Way ® instructional approach is a phenomenon in word study, providing a practical way to study words with students. The keys to this successful, research-based approach are to know your students’ literacy progress, organize for instruction, and implement word study. The Fifth Edition features an innovative redesign and introduces technology integration aligning text to all new classroom video, an interactive classroom assessment application, prepared and create-your-own word sorts, games, and more specific to each chapter. It will provide you with all of the tools you want to carry out word study instruction so we can motivate and engage your students, and help them to reach literacy learning. Ordered in a developmental format, Words Their Way ® complements the usage of any existing phonics, spelling, and vocabulary curricula.
We invite you to see what’s new in Words Their Way ® …
- Ground-breaking online PDToolkit for Words Their Way ® gives educators access to:
- all new how-to classroom videos
- interactive classroom assessment tool featuring new user-friendly navigation
- prepared and create-your-own word sorts
- games, templates, and more!
- Complimentary 12-month access packaged with each new Fifth Edition
- To learn more, please visit: http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com
- Innovative redesign of the book introduces technology integration aligning text to online videos, sorts, and assessments specific to each chapter.
- Unprecedented inclusion of progress monitoring all the way through the book.
- Brand-new continuum of strengthen model offers tips for better planning and carrying out word study lessons in the classroom.
- Expanded discussion on oral vocabulary, secondary instruction, writing, and early/middle/late phases in the derivational relations stage.
- Updated collection of classroom activities helps build the skills students wish to move on to the next developmental stage.
- New “Resources for Implementing Word Study in Your Classroom” provides information about resources teachers can use in their instruction.
- Enhanced coverage of English learners provides tips and strategies for modifying instruction.
Classroom-ready appendices contain all of the assessment instruments described in Chapter 2 in addition to word sorts, sound boards, and game templates to get instruction underway. (Note: Includes reproducibles and perforated pages.)