All-in-One Device — Clear Up Your Desk
TP-LINK’s N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router TD-W8980 is an incredibly robust all-in-one device which contains features of an ADSL2+ Modem, a N600 Dual Band Router, a 4-Port Gigabit Switch, and a USB Print Server. It saves your budget and space in contrast to buying several devices one after the other. The downstream bandwidth of the modem can reach up to 24 Mbps, meeting the needs for most home and office service plans.
Simultaneous Dual Band — More Bandwidth, Less Interference
Two separate wireless networks are broadcasted on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrently with up to 300 Mbps over each band. The traditional 2.4 GHz band provides larger range and is great for basic Internet uses, at the same time as the 5 GHz band gives faster wireless speed and handles bandwidth-heavy tasks like online gaming and HD streaming. Now You’ll be able to enjoy both advantages of the two bands by just having one device.
Full Gigabit Ports — More Power to You
The 4-port built-in switch of the TD-W8980 transfers data at up to 1000 Mbps, which is ideal for your wired network. You’ll be able to use the Ethernet ports for printer, NAS, TV, and other network devices so that users can all share those devices through the wireless or wired connection.
Two USB Ports — Easy Sharing
- Share a Printer. It is common that multiple users share the same printer in the network. With the TL-WR1043ND, You’ll be able to simply connect your printer to the USB port on the back of the router and print wirelessly.
- Share Files & Media. Attach a storage device such as a flash drive or hard drive to the router, and users in the local network can all get access to the files saved in the drive. The router also has a built-in FTP server so that users can visit the storage device remotely.
Two Work Modes for Flexible Uses
The TD-W8980 provides two work modes to choose between: ADSL Modem Router Mode and Wireless Router Mode. If you’re the usage of ADSL service to get Internet, select the first mode. If you’re the usage of a cable, fiber, or other types of Internet service, select the second mode and configure it as a pure wireless router. Such flexibility saves your investment and is useful when making a decision to change your service provider.
Easy To Use
The TD-W8980 comes with a Quick Setup Wizard in its Web management page that leads you through a step by step process to set up your modem router. You don’t wish to install any software or use a CD to finish the setup. Within minutes, your modem router will be up and running.
- Support IPv6
- Support up to 10 IPSec VPN tunnels
- Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to turn their wireless radio on and off
- Support IP-Based Bandwidth Control
- Support WPS
- Support 100-240V power supply
- AT&T (SBC/BellSouth), Verizon, Earthlink, Qwest, Sprint, WindStream, CenturyLink(Century Tel/Embarq), 4DV.net, Coqui.net, Covad, Eastex, Grande Communications, GWI, Internet Junction, Sonic, SureWest Communications, Toast.net, Uniserve, etc.
- Not compatible with VDSL service
What’s in the Box
- Modem Router TD-W8980
- 3 antennas
- External splitter
- RJ-11 telephone line
- RJ-45 Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
- Resource CD
- Power adapter
TP-LINK ADSL Modem Router Series
|Which ADSL Modem Router is Right for Me?||TD-W8960N||TD-W8968||TD-W8970||TD-W8980|
|Product Name||300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router||300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router with USB Port||300 Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router||N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router|
|Maximum Wireless Speed||2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps||2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps||2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps||2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps
5 GHz: 300 Mbps
|Antenna||2 x 3 dBi||2 x 3 dBi||3 x 5 dBi||3 x 5 dBi 5 GHz external+2 2.4 GHz internal|
|USB Port||–||One USB Port||Two USB Ports||Two USB Ports|
|LAN Throughput||Four 10/100M Ports||Four 10/100M Ports||Four 10/100/1000M Ports||Four 10/100/1000M Ports|
|IP-Based Bandwidth Control||✓||✓||✓||✓|
All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Gigabit-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point
Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 300Mbps connections for 600Mbps of total available bandwidth
Versatile Connectivity: ADSL or Ethernet WAN for multiple Internet connection types
2 USB ports for storage sharing, printer sharing, FTP Server and Media Server