The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals offers an entire introduction to the basis of the finite element method, covering fundamental theory and worked examples within the detail required for readers to apply the knowledge to their very own engineering problems and take into account more advanced applications.
This edition sees a significant rearrangement of the book’s content to enable clearer development of the finite element method, with major new chapters and sections added to hide:
- Weak forms
- Variational forms
- Multi-dimensional field problems
- Automatic mesh generation
- Plate bending and shells
- Developments in meshless techniques
Focusing at the core knowledge, mathematical and analytical tools needed for successful application, The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals is the authoritative resource of choice for graduate level students, researchers and professional engineers concerned about finite element-based engineering analysis.
- A proven keystone reference within the library of any engineer needing to take into account and apply the finite element method in design and development.
- Founded by an influential pioneer within the field and up to date on this seventh edition by an creator team incorporating academic authority and industrial simulation experience.
- Features reworked and reordered contents for clearer development of the theory, plus new chapters and sections on mesh generation, plate bending, shells, weak forms and variational forms.