This ninth edition of the Textbook of Family Medicine, edited by Drs. Robert E. Rakel and David P. Rakel, remains your #1 choice for complete guidance on the principles of family medicine, primary care in the community, and all aspects of clinical practice. Ideal for both residents and practicing physicians, this medical reference book includes evidence-based, practical information to optimize patient care and prepare you for the ABFM exam. A clean, quick-reference layout makes it easy so that you can put information to work immediately in your practice.
- Gain a new understanding of the patient-centered medical home and how to achieve this status in outpatient clinics.
- Make among the finest care decisions with help from “Evidence vs. Harm” icons that guide you through key treatments of common medical conditions.
- Take advantage of today’s most useful online resources with a convenient list of outstanding clinical websites.
- Quickly spot “Best Evidence Recommendations” with special boxes located right through the text, and glean helpful tips on diagnosis and therapy from “Key Points” boxes found on every page.
- Quickly access content with an efficient new layout that includes more than 1,000 tables and full-color illustrations; treatment boxes for a concise overview of how to treat quite a lot of conditions; Grade A SORT recommendations; and key points highlighting the major takeaways of each chapter.
- Take advantage of an enhanced focus on team-based care as the role of primary care providers evolves, and stay up to the moment on the most current practice guidelines with evidence-based information right through.
- View 30 immersive procedural videos online from Procedures Consult, including chest tube placement, knee injection, vasectomy, vaginal tear repair, skin biopsy, colposcopy, IUD insertion, and more.
- Remain at the forefront of the field with coverage on self-care, the emergence of tobacco alternatives such as e-cigarettes, and the changing picture of cancer in The usa.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search the entire text, figures, references, and videos from the book on numerous devices.
The Textbook of Family Medicine continues to give you the recent, most comprehensive coverage of family medicine practice.