The PowerScore SAT Reading Bible—About.com’s Best SAT Book for 2013–is the most comprehensive guide to be had for the Critical Reading section of the SAT. From challenging Sentence Completion questions to complicated Passage-Based Reading questions, this book unveils powerful solution strategies for attacking every type of reading question on the test.
Most SAT guides concentrate on Math and Writing, only briefly touching on Critical Reading; The SAT Reading Bible, alternatively, dedicates the entirety of its 450 pages to detailed methodologies which were proven to raise student capabilities, confidence, and in the long run their scores in this most difficult section of the SAT.
The SAT Reading Bible includes:
· Instructions for deconstructing the four types of question stems in Sentence Completion questions
· Key identifiers for the 6 types of mistaken answer traps in Sentence Completion questions
· Strategies for decoding difficult vocabulary
· A vocabulary diagnostic to decide the extent of study of vocabulary words
· A glossary of common SAT root words, prefixes, and suffixes
· Approaches to actively reading various kinds of passages for time, comprehension, and pattern recognition
· Analysis of Passage-Based Reading right and mistaken answer choices, including 6 types of answer traps
· Directions for deconstructing the 3 main types of Passage Based Reading questions (Vocabulary-in-Context, Literal Comprehension, and Extended Reasoning questions) and 13 question sub-types (such as Comparisons and General Inferences)
· Over 300 example and practice questions in Sentence Completion and Passage-Based Reading, all with full explanations
· Advice for thinking positively about the test and the Critical Reading section
· Chapter Summaries that review key points from each section
· Online Supplements, including Reading Flash Cards of the 700 Repeat Offender vocabulary words and a Blue Book Database of question classifications from The Official SAT Study Guide
The SAT Reading Bible is part of PowerScore s SAT Bible Trilogy, which also includes The SAT Math Bible and The SAT Writing Bible. As a set, these books comprise the preeminent guides to quickly and effectively mastering all three sections of the SAT.
PowerScore offers comprehensive LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, and ACT live and online preparation classes. For more info about PowerScore s publications or services and products, please visit PowerScore.com or contact PowerScore at (800) 545-1750.