Knowledge of patterns enables us to make predictions and solve problems. Noticing patterns in nature and in home routines and observing the sequence of day by day events strengthens mathematical thinking and supports logical thinking and understanding of the world. Reading comprehension and the ability to solve mathematical equations are dependent on a childs skill in patterning and sequencing. This book includes activities that build skills in these areas.
Upon your childs completion of Every activity, use the provided incentive chart and stickers to track progress and celebrate your childs success.
Whether students need extra practice with grade-level skills or a head start on next year, Stick Kids® Workbooks offer engaging activities, games, and puzzles that help in making learning a number of fun. Every 56-page book features full-color activities, a list of the skills, and an explanation of why those skills are important for development. Also included are helpful tips, an answer key, a handy tracking sheet, stickers for acknowledging achievements, and appearances by the lovable Stick Kids!
These right-sized (7 x 9) skill practice workbooks are ideal for use at school, or as entertaining activities at the go. Tuck them into a backpack, purse, or trip bag. Great for school breaks, vacations, and year-long practice.
- Identify patterns
- Letter, number, and shape patterns
- Letter and number sequencing
- Picture and story sequencing
- Academic vocabulary
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT LEARNING
- Work with your child in a quiet, calm setting.
- Complete some activities together.
- Use your childs building toys, such as blocks, to assemble color or shape patterns together. Understand that to use the word pattern and to specifi cally state the pattern that you’re creating. For instance, Lets make a red/yellow pattern with blocks. Lets make a line that goes red, yellow, red, yellow. What comes next?
- During times away from doing these activities, engage your child in identifying and/or creating simple patterns. Try simple movements of clapping and tapping or opening and closing hands.
Upon your child’s completion of Every activity, use the provided incentive chart and stickers to track progress and celebrate your child’s success.
These right-sized (7″ x 9″) skill practice workbooks are ideal for use at school, or as entertaining activities at the go. Tuck them into a backpack, purse, or trip bag. Great for school breaks, vacations, and year-long practice.