The most engaging and musical Sight-Making a song text available on the market.
Music for Sight Making a song is structured around organized melodiesdrawn from the literature of composed music and a variety of the world’s folk music. Real music exercises allow readers to practice sight Making a song and develop their “mind’s ear” – the ability to believe how music sounds without first playing it on an instrument.
The ninth edition continues to introduce a host of important musical considerations beyond pitch and rhythm- including dynamics, accents, articulations, slurs, repeat signs, and tempo markings. The book’s arrangement of simple to complex exercises lays the foundations for success.
Upon completing this book, readers will be capable to:
- Fluently read rhythms in simple and compound meters, including those in slightly ordinary, irregular, or changing meter signatures.
- Sight sing melodies in any major or minor key, and in any diatonic mode.
- Effortlessly read all four common clefs.
- Understand common musical symbols and terms.
- Recognize and sing important harmonic features such as dominant seventh and Neapolitan chords.
- Improvise effectively from a lot of background structures such as a harmonic progression or an underlying contrapuntal framework.
- Negotiate chromatic passages from simple embellishing tones and tonicizations to modulations to post-tonal music.
NOTE: MySearchLab does not come mechanically packaged with this text. To purchase the text with MySearchLab, order the package ISBN:
020595524X / 9780205955244 Music for Sight Making a song Plus MySearchLab with eText — Get right of entry to Card Package
Package consists of:
0205938337 / 9780205938339 Music for Sight Making a song
0205955053 / 9780205955053 MySearchLab with Pearson eText — Valuepack Get right of entry to Card — for Music for Sight Singing