There’s no doubt about it—breakups suck. But in the first few hours or days or weeks that follow, there’s one important truth you want to recognize: Some things can’t and shouldn’t be fixed, especially that loser who dumped you or forced you to dump him. It’s called a breakup because it’s broken, and starting right here, at this time, it’s time to dry your tears, put down that pint of ice cream, log out of his e-mail, and open this book to Chapter One–and start turning your breakup into a breakover.
From Greg Behrendt, the co-creator of the smash two-million copy bestseller He’s Just Not That Into You, comes It’s Called a Breakup Because It’s Broken–the ultimate survival guide to getting over Mr. Mistaken and reclaiming your inner Superfox. From how to put yourself through “he-tox,” to how to throw yourself a kick-ass pity party, Greg and his wife, Amiira, share their hilarious and helpful roadmap for getting past the heartache and back into the game. You’ll learn:
• Why you shouldn’t call him—and what he’s thinking when you do
• How to keep your friends and not lose your job
• How to keep away from breakup pitfalls: IMing, stalking, having sex with your ex
• Reframing reality—seeing the relationship for what it was
• How to develop into yourself into a hot, happening Superfox and get a jump on the better, brighter future that awaits
Complete with an essential workbook that can assist you put the crazy down on paper and not take it out into the world, It’s Called a Breakup Because It’s Broken is a will have to-have manual for finding your as far back as an even more rocking you.