This book is intended for use in a first course in Materials Sciences and Engineering taught in the departments of materials science, mechanical, civil and general engineering. It is also a suitable reference for mechanical and civil engineers and machine designers.
Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers provides balanced, current remedy of the full spectrum of engineering materials, covering all of the physical properties, applications and relevant properties associated with engineering materials. It explores the entire major categories of materials even as also offering detailed examinations of a variety of new materials with high-tech applications.
MasteringEngineering for Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers is a total learning package. This innovative online program emulates the instructor’s office—hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers with self-paced individualized coaching.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It provides:
- Individualized Coaching with MasteringEngineering : MasteringEngineering emulates the instructor’s office-hour environment the use of self-paced individualized coaching.
- A Balanced Approach Designed for a First Course in Engineering Materials: This concise textbook covers concepts and applications of materials science for the beginning student.
- Coverage of the Most Important Advances in Engineering Materials: Content is refreshed to provide the most up-to-date information for your course.
- In-text Features that Strengthen Concepts: An assortment of case studies, examples, practice problems, and homework problems give students a lot of opportunities to develop their understanding.
- Enhance Learning with Instructor Supplements: An Instructors Solution Manual and PowerPoint slides are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringEngineering does not come packaged with this content. If you need to purchase both the physical text and MasteringEngineering¿ search for ISBN-10: 0133789713/ISBN-13: 9780133789713. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133826651/ISBN-13: 9780133826654¿ and ISBN-10: 0133828921 /ISBN-13: 9780133828924.
MasteringEngineering is not a self-paced technology and must only be purchased when required by an instructor.