The competition to get a residency is fierce.
In 2013, more than 34,000 residency applicants competed for only 26,392 positions.
What are you able to do to make yourself a more competitive applicant?
How To Be an All-Star Residency Match Applicant is a concise and straightforward guide which is perfect for the busy medical student and residency applicant. This book, chock-full of useful tips you’ll start the use of right through your first year of medical school, aims to demystify the residency admissions process.
In this book, you are going to find easy to follow answers to all your questions:
- What will have to you do to distinguish yourself as a residency applicant
- How important are extracurricular activities?
- Which specialties are most competitive?
- How important are audition electives?
- Who will have to write your letters of reference?
- How do you approach the personal remark and application?
- How do you show interest in programs?
- And more….
Written by a former residency admissions officer who has helped hundreds of residency applicants, from quite a lot of backgrounds, match in to competitive residency programs and specialties, this guide will transform an invaluable and go-to resource as you navigate the residency admissions process. Good luck!