The twelfth edition of Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology continues this best-selling title’s long tradition as probably the most world’s favorite physiology textbooks. The immense success of this book is because of its description of complex physiologic principles in language that may be easy to read and consider. Now with an improved color art program, thorough updates reflecting today’s medicine and science, and accessible online at Student Consult, this textbook is a wonderful source for mastering essential human physiology knowledge.
- Learn and take into account that vital concepts easily thanks to short, easy-to-read, masterfully edited chapters and a user-friendly full-color design.
- See core concepts applied to real-life situations with clinical vignettes all through the text.
- Discover the latest in physiology with updates that reflect the up to date advances in molecular biology, cardiovascular, neurophysiology, and gastrointestinal topics.
- Visualize physiologic principles clearly with over 1000 bold, full-color drawings and diagrams.
- Distinguish core concepts from more in-depth material with a layout that uses gray shading to clearly differentiate between “need-to-know” and “nice-to-know” information.
- Access the complete contents online at Student Consult in conjunction with bonus resources such as image banks, self-assessment questions, physiology animations, and more!
This new edition continues the long tradition of “Guyton” as probably the most world’s favorite physiology textbooks.