US History in a Flash is the definitive prep book for both the AP US History exam and the SAT II US History subject test. The book is based upon a bold new approach. Instead of trying to be a mini-textbook that covers everything, US History in a Flash uses the Direct Hits’ selective approach of only that specialize in topics that have generated clusters of questions. Here are one of the most book’s unique features:
- 40 chronological chapters that target 196 key topics. Every topic is covered in a vivid narrative outline.
- Over 100 study tips that tell students what to ignore and what to emphasize.
- Correlations to the treasure trove of information found at the College Board’s AP Central website.
- Detailed chapters on the DBQ and Free-Response essays that come with annotated sample essays and thesis paragraphs.
- A triple tier study plan that includes long-term, mid-term and short term materials. The short-term materials include ten Top Ten lists of key points students absolutely, positively have to know.
- Additional coverage of post-World War II topics that are continuously skimmed over or even skipped in classes that fall in the back of schedule.
- SAT vocabulary words taken from the renowned Direct Hits vocabulary books are integrated and defined in the narrative.
About the Creator: Larry Krieger is the leading authority on US History, World History, Art History, and the SAT, having written over 20 books on the subjects. In a teaching career that has spanned over 40 years, Krieger has taught urban, rural, and suburban students. In 2004 and 2005, the College Board recognized Larry as one of The usa’s most successful AP teachers. Krieger is particularly proud of US History in a Flash. It contains a life-time of key points, strategies, and tips for both the AP US History exam and the SAT II US History subject test.