The Day by day 5, Second Edition retains the core literacy components that made the first edition certainly one of the most widely read books in education and enhances these practices in accordance with years of further experience in classrooms and compelling new brain research. The Day by day 5 provides a way for any teacher to structure literacy (and now math) time to increase student independence and make allowance for individualized attention in small groups and one-on-one.
Teachers and schools implementing the Day by day 5 will do the following:
- Spend less time on classroom management and more time teaching
- Help students develop independence, stamina, and accountability
- Provide students with abundant time for practicing reading, writing, and math
- Increase the time teachers spend with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Improve schoolwide achievement and success in literacy and math.
The Day by day 5, Second Edition gives teachers the whole thing they want to launch and sustain the Day by day 5, including materials and setup, model behaviors, detailed lesson plans, specific tips for implementing every component, and solutions to common challenges. By following this simple and proven structure, teachers can move from a harried classroom toward one that hums with productive and engaged learners.
What’s new in the second one edition:
- Detailed launch plans for the first three weeks
- Full color photos, figures, and charts
- Increased flexibility regarding when and tips on how to introduce every Day by day 5 choice
- New chapter on differentiating instruction by age and stamina
- Ideas about tips on how to integrate the Day by day 5 with the CAFE assessment system
- New chapter at the Math Day by day 3 structure