Understanding the normal functions of the body is very important for successful veterinary practice and for understanding the mechanisms of disease. The 5th edition of Textbook of Veterinary Physiology approaches this vast subject in a practical, user-friendly way that helps you remember how key concepts relate to clinical practice. From cell physiology to body system function to homeostasis and immune function, this comprehensive text offers you the solid foundation you wish to have to provide effective veterinary care.
- Clinical Correlations boxes present case studies that illustrate methods to apply physiology principles and concepts to the diagnosis and remedy of veterinary patients.
- Key Points originally of each and every chapter introduce new concepts and mean you can prepare for exams.
- Practice questions at the end of each and every chapter test your understanding of what you’ve just read and provide valuable review for exams.
- Full-color format highlights helpful information and enhances learning with a wealth of illustrations that visually depict specific functions and conditions.
- Expanded resources on the companion Evolve website include state of the art 3D animations, practice questions, a glossary, and additional Clinical Correlations not found in the text.