Would you or your child like to apply for college but are not sure how you will pay for it? Has it been years since you’ve been in school and you’d like to continue your education without going broke? Are you overwhelmed and at a loss for words by all of the financial options to be had today? If you think you need to be rich to go to college, think again!
College Financial Aid For Dummies cuts through the financial jargon and will provide you with tips, techniques, and suggestions for navigating the financial aid maze and getting the money you want for college.
Inside, you can discover how to
- Understand the differences between scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study programs
- Locate aid sources from the government, schools, private organizations, employers, and more!
- Organize your finances and plan for all your college career
- Use your good grades, special talents, and other achievements to qualify for merit scholarships
- Fill out financial forms with ease and avoid costly mistakes
- Use the Internet to find the money you want, submit aid applications, and more
- Discover alternatives to paying back your loans and design a payment plan that works for you