College Admission is the ultimate user’s manual and go-to guide for any student or family approaching the college application process.
Featuring the wise counsel of more than 50 deans of admission, no other guide has such thorough, expert, compassionate, and professional advice.
Let’s be honest: applying to college may also be stressful for students and parents. But here’s the excellent news: you’ll be able to get in. Robin Mamlet has been dean of admission at three of The us’s most selective colleges, and journalist and parent Christine VanDeVelde has been through the process first hand. With this book, you are going to feel like you have both a dean of admission and a parent who has been there at your side.
Inside this book, you’ll be able to find clear, comprehensive, and expert answers to all of your questions along the way to an acceptance letter:
• The role of extracurricular activities
• What it means to find a college that is the “right fit”
• What’s more important: high grades or tough courses
• What role does testing play
• The most efficient candidates for early admission
• When help from parents is too much help
• Advice for athletes, artists, international students, and those with learning differences
• How wait lists work
• Applying for financial aid
This will be your definitive resource all over the sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school.