ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations don’t seem to be transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the fallacious ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
—The trusted, innovative, calibrated leader—now tightly—integrated with MasteringChemistry ® .
Unrivaled problems, notable scientific accuracy and currency, and remarkable clarity have made Chemistry: The Central Science the leading general chemistry text for more than a decade. Trusted, innovative, and calibrated, the text increases conceptual understanding and student success in general chemistry by building on the expertise of the dynamic creator team of leading researchers and award-winning professors.
The new Thirteenth Edition builds on the Twelfth Edition’s major revision, in which every word and piece of art was scrutinized by all the authors to increase its effectiveness. Placing a greater emphasis on research, this edition is more tightly integrated with MasteringChemistry, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment program– resulting in an unparalleled teaching and learning package that personalizes learning and coaches students toward understanding and mastery of tough chemistry topics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It provides:
- Superior strengthen beyond the classroom with MasteringChemistry: Students take pleasure in personalized, interactive learning through MasteringChemistry’s self-paced tutorials that guide them through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback; and keep students engaged and not off course.
- Enhanced learning from a dynamic creator team of leading researchers and award-winning professors: Each member of this well-respected creator team brings their expertise in a wide range of areas to the pages of this popular text. All authors have been active researchers and have taught general chemistry for many years.
- Improved conceptual understanding through stepped up, relevant pedagogy: Students get a large number of opportunities to test their knowledge through Give It Some Thought (GIST) exercises, Go Figure questions, and A Closer Look essays, now integrated with clicker questions and in MasteringChemistry.
- Invaluable aids that ensure problem-solving success: By the usage of a consistent process, a unique Analyze/Plan/Solve/Check format, dual-column problem-solving approach in certain areas, a new practice exercise following each worked example, and the Strategies in Chemistry feature, students are placed on the right path from the very start to excel at problem solving and comprehension.
- Clarity through visualization from a number of perspectives, including macroscopic, microscopic, and symbolic: Included are Visualizing Concepts exercises, with models, graphs, and other visual materials; sample exercises with molecular illustrations; and conceptual questions in spite of everything-of-chapter questions.
Package consists of:
0321910419 / 9780321910417 CHEMISTRY: THE CENTRAL SCIENCE
0321934245 / 9780321934246 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText — Valuepack Access Card — for CHEMISTRY: THE CENTRAL SCIENCE