**Catholic Social Teaching: Christian Life in Society has been submitted to the Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Declarations of conformity with both the Catechism of the Catholic Church and Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age are pending.
Catholic Social Teaching: Christian Life in Society
This course will guide students in exploring and understanding the social teachings of the Church. It is going to address the major themes of Catholic social teaching and what they express about God’s plan for all people and our obligations to maintain one another, especially those most in need in society. The course will work to move students to a lifetime of service and work for the Kingdom of God.
The Living in Christ Series
• Makes the the various wisdom and experience of Catholic high school teachers as they empower and guide students to take part in their own learning.
• Engages students’ intellect and responds to their natural desire to know God.
• Encourages faith in action through carefully-crafted learning objectives, lessons, activities, active learning, and summative projects that address a couple of learning styles.
What you are going to find . . .
• Every Living in Christ student book is developed in line with the U.S. Bishops’ High School Curriculum Framework and provides key doctrine essential to the course in a clear and accessible way, making it relevant to the students and how they live their lives.
• Every Living in Christ teacher guide carefully crafts the lessons, based on the key principles of Understanding by Design, to guide the students’ understanding of key concepts.
• Living in Christ offers an innovative, online learning environment featuring flexible and customizable resources to enrich and empower the teacher to answer the diverse learning needs of the students.
• The Living in Christ series is to be had to you in traditional full-color text and in digital textbook format, offering you options to meet your preferences and needs.