A Practical Mock Exam for the Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) Division of the ARE!
Every July, NCARB begins to draw the Architect Registration Examinations (ARE) questions from a new edition of ARE exam guide and scope. We have incorporated this latest information into our books.
To develop into a licensed architect, you wish to have to have a proper combination of education and/or experience, meeting your Board of Architecture’s special requirements, as well as passing all seven divisions of ARE.
This book provides ARE exam overview, resources, exam prep and exam taking techniques, tips and guides. It also provides a realistic and complete set of Mock Exam, solutions, explanations for the Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) Division of the ARE. This book covers the following subjects:
1. ARE, IDP and Education Requirements
2. ARE Exam Content, Format and Prep strategies
3. Principles: Selection of Systems, Materials, and Methods, Historic Precedent, Human Behavior, and Design Theory
4. Environmental Issues: Sustainable Design Including Hazardous Material Mitigation, Thermal and Moisture Protection, and Adaptive Re-Use
5. Codes & Regulations: Zoning, Specialty and Building Codes, and Other Regulatory Requirements
6. Materials & Technology: Selection of Systems, Materials, and Methods, including Masonry, Metals, Wood, Concrete, Specialties, and Others
7. Project & Practice Management: Cost, Scheduling, Construction Sequencing, and Risk Management
8. Accessibility/Ramp Vignette: Designing a stairway and ramp connecting two levels that abides by the code and accessibility requirements
9. Stair Design Vignette: Designing a stairway connecting multiple levels that abides by the code and accessibility requirements
10. Roof Plan Vignette: Designing a sloped roof for draining the rainwater, locate equipment and accessories
11. Step-By-Step Solutions for 6 Graphic Vignettes The use of NCARB Practice Program Software
This book includes 85 challenging questions at the same difficulty level and format as the real exam (multiple-choice, check-all-that-apply, and fill-in-the-blank), and 6 graphic vignettes. It is going to help you pass the BDCS division of the ARE and develop into a licensed architect!
See posts under the Customer Discussion Section at the lower portion of this book’s Amazon detailed page for ARE Exam prep strategies, and more information on this book.
Sample text from “Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) ARE Mock Exam (Architect Registration Exam)“:
· “Since we do have an area of refuge for this vignette, the stair width needs to be at least 56″ or 1422 (48″ or 1219 CLEAR as a result of the area of refuge, plus an 8″ or 203 allowance for handrails on both sides)…
Note: NCARB throws in the 44″ (1118) minimum stair width requirement at the beginning of the program, and place the 48″ (1219) CLEAR stair width requirement as a result of the area of refuge at the end of the program. This is to make sure you’ll coordinate more than a few criteria, and make sure to are patient enough to read all the program.”
… Note: There is a defect with the gutter command of the NCARB software. Once you place it, it is almost unattainable to modify it. There are two ways to solve this problem…