ABOUT THIS BOOK…
This alternative college guide from a former Dartmouth assistant admissions director-turned-consultant gives non-straight-A students advice on the many options to be had to them and tips on how to identify, gain admittance to, and pay for the schools so that you can allow them to flourish.
Less-than-perfect grades? No problem!
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t want to have a 4.0 GPA or a perfect jump shot to get into a good college. This insider’s guide reveals easy tweaks so that you can pay off big-time in showing admissions officers that you as a whole—not just your SAT scores—are a perfect fit for their incoming class. With stellar advice on getting into schools so that you can let you thrive, this handbook reveals how to:
– Find great colleges that are a good match for your strengths (and will omit less-relevant weaknesses)
– Painlessly strengthen your application
– Tailor extracurriculars to showcase your uniqueness
– Make sure your recommendation letters emphasize the right qualities
– Write original essays that reveal traits beyond your transcript
– Make an impression on admissions officers and college interviewers
– Create an early-admissions strategy to increase your likelihood of acceptance
– Assist your chances if you’re deferred
– Get into brand-name schools through the side door
– Keep in touch about learning disabilities or special circumstances
– Get scholarship money in keeping with attributes other than grades
– Customize your financial aid strategy
BONUS: Includes an appendix of 130+ selective colleges to imagine!