Solidly grounded in theory and research, but concise and practice-oriented, Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice is absolute best for master’s-level students and practitioners alike. Sharan Merriam and Laura Bierema have infused every chapter with practical applications for instruction with the intention to assist readers for my part relate to the fabric.
The contents covers:
- Adult Learning in These days’s World
- Traditional Learning Theories
- Self-Directed Learning
- Transformative Learning
- Experience and Learning
- Body and Spirit in Learning
- Motivation and Learning
- The Brain and Cognitive Functioning
- Adult Learning within the Digital Age
- Critical Thinking and Crucial Perspectives
- Culture and Context
Discussion questions and activities for reflection are included on the end of every chapter.