Developed from the authors, combined total of 50 years undergraduate and graduate teaching experience, this book presents the finite element method formulated as a general-purpose numerical procedure for solving engineering problems governed by partial differential equations.
Focusing on the formulation and application of the finite element method through the integration of finite element theory, code development, and software application, the book is both introductory and self-contained, in addition to being a hands-on experience for any student.
This authoritative text on Finite Elements:
- Adopts a generic approach to the subject, and isn’t application specific
- In conjunction with a Internet-based chapter, it integrates code development, theory, and application in one book
- Provides an accompanying Internet web page that includes ABAQUS Student Edition, Matlab data and programs, and instructor resources
- Contains a comprehensive set of homework problems at the end of each and every chapter
- Produces a practical, meaningful course for both lecturers, planning a finite element module, and for students the use of the text in private study.
- Accompanied by a book companion website online housing supplementary material that may be found at http://www.wileyeurope.com/college/Fish
A First Course in Finite Elements is the ideal practical introductory course for junior and senior undergraduate students from quite a few science and engineering disciplines. The accompanying advanced topics at the end of each and every chapter also make it suitable for courses at graduate level, in addition to for practitioners who want to attain or refresh their knowledge of finite elements through private study.